The Kto8 Curriculum has over 600 lessons. These lessons are organized into two types of lessons: Integrated and Cross-Curricular.
These lessons teach a technology skill and apply it to an integrated grade-level academic objective. In these lessons the academic setting is introduced and then the technology skill is taught. Examples of these lessons (with the technology skill taught) are:
- 3rd Grade – Measuring Liquids (Excel calculations and the Google conversion tool)
- 5th Grade – Write a Short Paragraph with Main Idea (change paragraph format, indent, and insert a picture in Microsoft Word).
- 8th Grade – Decoding Words (animated PowerPoint word diagrams)
Each of these lessons has a quiz that covers the main points of the lesson’s academic objective.
These lessons teach a technology skill but do not have an integrated academic objective. Examples of these lessons are:
- Microsoft Word (levels 1 through 10)
- Excel (levels 1 through 5)
- PowerPoint (levels 1 through 7)
- Advanced Internet Searching
- HTML Basics
In addition to presenting and teaching a technology skill, each of these lessons has a quiz that covers the main points of the lesson’s technology objective.